We all have that one class that we cannot stand. For me, it was physics in undergrad and histology in my first block of medical school. I used to say that physics took a piece of my soul every lecture (and no I’m not dramatic thank you very much). For others it was definitely OChem. Either way, they are often pretty important classes and ones you need to do well in! I actually ended up getting an A in Physics both semesters even though it killed me. So here’s how I did it!


  1. Set aside specific time to study for that class! Mark it on your daily calendar because I promise that you will try to avoid it otherwise. It’s always that one class that you’re like… well…. I’ll just skip it and keep doing *insert better class here*. 
  2. Keep assignments at the top of your to-do list. Things at the bottom tend to get pushed until the next day and it feels better to get it over with at the beginning. Avoid having a hard assignment looming over you all day and I promise you will feel so accomplished!
  3. Do not get behind. Because then you will have to spend multiple days in a row on it and trust me, nothing is worse than multiple days of physics.
  4. Take breaks while you are studying so you don’t get burnt out. This is what I do with histology so I don’t fall asleep lol. 
  5. Reward yourself at the end of your study period! Something to look forward to (even something small like a cookie) is so helpful!
  6. Find a study group! Keep each other accountable and make studying more fun by making it a tad bit social!
  7. Get a tutor!!!!!!! If you are struggling, use resources! This does not have to be a private, expensive tutor. It can be school tutoring, a group tutor session (so you can all split the cost), or asking a friend for help. Either way, don’t make it more painful by trying to struggle on your own. For physics I would have one tutoring session before each big exam because it helped me feel more confident.
  8. Do practice problems! I’ve said this before but I think active studying is SO much less boring than passive studying. Sometimes this isn’t always applicable but for things like Ochem and Physics it is key. It also will improve your grades so much more than passively staring at your notes.
  9. Find people to complain with. This might seem silly but seriously it can be so cathartic.
  10. Most importantly, remember that it will be over soon enough!


Well, I hope those tips help you get through the class you dread the most!



XOXO, Happy Studying!






SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© To-Be-MD · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS