With the holidays coming up I thought I would share some things I have loved having during my first year so that you can use them as gift ideas! I'm a medical student but I would imagine that these gifts would be perfect for anyone pursuing healthcare. Quick disclaimer: make sure to check that the person you are buying for doesn't already have some of these items - they are pretty common but most first years don't get them right away so they can still be great gifts!

1. Comfy and Cute Scrubs: I am a big fan of Jaanuu Scrubs ( https://www.jaanuu.com )! They have so many styles and colors to choose from! Some schools require that students wear a specific color so you may want to check with the student you are buying for to see if that is the case! However, even if the hospital requires a certain color, most clinics and outpatient facilities don't have a set color so it shouldn't be a problem in those settings! Jannuu is currently having a Black Friday sale but if you miss out on that you can use the code NUUXJORDAN at checkout for 20% off your order. 



2. Littmann Stethoscope ( https://www.littmann.com/3M/en_US/littmann-stethoscopes/ ): Many schools give their students a free stethoscope but it isn't always the best quality. Littman stethoscopes come highly recommended and I was actually gifted one before I went to medical school! I have the Littman Classic II but many people also get the Classic III. Either one is great for students and high quality (There is no need to get the Cardiology IV). They come in many colors but black and silver is always a good choice if you are giving a gift. However, you can always ask the student you are buying for if they want to spice it up with a different color!



3. Tote Bag: I use mine when I go to the hospital, clinic or to campus to study and love it! Important things to look for before you buy: Laptop pocket?, Big enough to fit a water bottle, stethoscope, computer, etc? Durable? I have one from Kate Spade that I got during one of their surprise sales (otherwise they can be very expensive) but I am going to link some more options below. 

https://surprise.katespade.com/products/staci-laptop-tote/WKRU7099.html?dwvar_WKRU7099_color=129

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/samsonite-mobile-solution-classic-convertible-carryall?ID=10204222&CategoryID=47417&swatchColor=Black

https://tjmaxx.tjx.com/store/jump/product/women-handbags-tote-bags/Day-And-Night-2pc-Tote-And-Crossbody-Set/1000621128?colorId=NS1091110&pos=1:32&N=2969138428

4. Ugg Slippers: They are perfect for study days at home!

5. Candles: Lately, I have been lighting my candles while studying at night and it is so nice. It really does help me feel a little calmer while I spend a million hours studying! 

6. Starbucks Giftcard: This probably doesn't need any explanation...

7. Codexanatomy Prints ( https://codexanatomy.com/ ): These are such a perfect way for pre-meds or medical students to decorate their study space. Be on the lookout for a Codexanatomy giving coming soon on my insta :) 

8. Kurig Coffee Maker: This is such a good thing to buy while Black Friday sales are happening!! I seriously don't think I could make it through school without my coffer maker! If the student you are shopping for already has a coffee maker go ahead and get them a ton of pods. Coffee is ALWAYS welcome among medical students. 


I hope this list helps you find the perfect gift for the student you are shopping for!


xoxo and Happy Shopping!!









SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© To-Be-MD · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS