It's getting close to that time of year again. I am starting my second year of medical school in just a week and a half. And even more exciting, new first years will be starting in a few months. I remember being so nervous the summer before my first year of medical school so I wanted to share some things I wish I could've told myself back then. To all the incoming first years, congrats on your acceptance!! To all the premeds, keep this post in the back of your mind for later or for motivation.

What You Should Do Before Medical School Starts: 

1. ENJOY YOUR SUMMER. Get enough sleep, see your friends, spend time with your family, take your doggo on a ton of walks and spend time enjoying yourself. You deserve it. You've worked SO hard to get into medical school and you're going to work so hard during school. Use this time to relax and refresh.

2. If you want to feel productive, you can learn how to use Anki. Notice how I said learn how to use it, NOT start using it. There are some youtube videos and reels that you can look at just so you understand how it works. It can be confusing at first so downloading the app and getting a feel for it can be helpful.

3. Find ways to make your study space more enjoyable. You are going to spend a lot of time studying, either at home or on campus. Get ready for that by creating a study space that you love at home or buying things to make study days on campus more enjoyable.

4. Read posts made by older students at your school. There is likely a Facebook page with your classmates and older students, join it!

What you SHOULD NOT Do Before Medical School Starts.

1. Study. DON'T DO IT. There is nothing to study. Do not let anyone in your class or online tell you that you have to start Anki before school starts. You haven't learned anything. Why would you study...? Relax instead. There is plenty of time to study later, trust me.

2. Worry yourself to death. It will all be okay. When the time comes, you will figure everything out. Again, just relax and all will fall into place.

Welp, I hope that was helpful!!! I'm so proud of you for your acceptance and I hope you are enjoying your summer.

Xoxo and Happy Relaxing





SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© To-Be-MD · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS