Hi friends


I’ve had a couple of people ask me what to do and how to feel better if you haven’t gotten an interview cycle so I wanted to make a post on the topic. First off, I want to just say this sucks and I’m sorry. Truly, it does not feel good, which brings me to my first piece of advice. 


Give yourself space for your feelings. You are allowed to feel shitty even if people are telling you to stay positive.


Now on how to not feel shitty… Plan something to look forward to each week. Good tip in general but extra important when you are anxious about applications.


Set a limit on how often you can check your email. If you open your email every 2 minutes you will lose your mind. I let myself check every hour which is probably too much but it’s what worked for me.


STAY OFF SDN AND REDDITT

If you do want to feel productive, you can write some letters of interest or update letters. Honestly, I only did this for a school after I was waitlisted so I’m not sure what the success rate really is. However, if you have something new (new job, new paper, new volunteering thing, etc) to tell them, definitely send the letter!!


Talk to someone who gets it. Hopefully everyone in your life is being supportive, but sometimes it really helps to talk to someone who went through the application cycle because they actually get it.


Know that there is 100% nothing wrong with you or your application. You did your best and I am so proud of you.


Xoxo




SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© To-Be-MD · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS