January 02, 2022 in

Passing Your CBSE

This post was highly requested so even though I'm a little nervous to share here we go...However, please remember that what works for me may not work for you. You should never compare your progress to someone else's. That being said, I am going to share what I have been doing throughout my second year of medical school that I think helped me pass my first CBSE.

1. Anki. I know it's not for everyone but honestly I was shocked by how helpful it ended up being. I was seriously doubting Anki in the weeks leading up to the CBSE. But when it came time for the exam, I found myself thinking "this is an Anki card" SO many times. To be honest, I didn't always remember the answer...but still it helped a ton. That's all I will say for now but be on the lookout for an Anki focused post this week.

2. Do 5 random practice questions per 100 Anki cards. For me, this means I'm around 40 questions a day! I'm personally using Amboss right now (saving UWorld for dedicated). So every time I get through 100 Anki cards, I pause to do 5 random Amboss questions. I started doing this a week before the CBSE so I don't know how much it helped for that but I think it'll make a difference for my second one. Disclaimer: sometimes you will get 0/5 right lol.

3. Make an Anki card for each missed Amboss question. You don't have to be strict about this but if you miss a question because you didn't know a fact, make a card out of it!!!

4. Outside Resources. I've mostly given up on lectures and I do most of my learning from Sketchy, Boards and Beyond, and Pathoma. However, I know people that mostly use lectures who also passed the CBSE. Remember, everyone is difference. 

5. First Aid. I used to take notes on my iPad while watching outside resources but it took way too long. Instead, I read/highlight first aid throughout the video and make notes when needed.

6. Don't just aim to pass exams. Yes, C's get MDs and trust me I love that for us. But, the more you learn the material for your class exams, the better you will know it for the CBSE and eventually Step.

7. If it's in BB/First Aid, learn it. There have been times when our class doesn't cover a specific topic and so I've skipped that BB video or First Aid page. But I've realized that if it's in Boards and Beyond/First Aid then you need to know it so you might as well learn it during the relevant block. Only exception is embryology because it scares me.

8. Okay just to plug Anki again, do NOT let your bugs and drugs slip away. 

9. Remember drug mechanisms. I think most of the drug questions on the CBSE asked for the mechanism of action rather than the drug name. I definitely need to get better at this. 

10. Most Importantly: sleep 8 hours a night, go out with your friends, don't take school too seriously, find happiness outside of school, don't judge your worth by a test score.

xoxo and Happy Studying




SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© To-Be-MD · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS